BITSAT 2020: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
BITSAT-2020 A computer based online test for admissions to Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani at Pilani campus, K. K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus.
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, recognized as an Institute of Eminence by MHRD, is India’s leading Institute of Higher Education and a deemed to be university, with an illustrious legacy, modern campuses and eminent alumni in leadership positions across the world. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2020-21 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani. This test will be referred to as ‘BITS Admission Test – 2020’, in short as BITSAT-2020.
BITSAT Application Form 2020
Candidates seeking admission in BITS campuses are required to compulsorily register for the entrance test by filling the BITSAT 2020 application form. The application form of BITSAT has been released on January 11 in online mode. Candidates wishing to apply for the entrance test have to duly fill the application form and complete the registration process by paying the application fee before March 31, 2020. In case, students make any errors in the application form of BITSAT 2020, they will also get the facility to edit the application form from April 1 to 6, 2020. Candidates must note that they will not be able to edit the registration form of BITSAT 2020 after the last date. The detailed process to fill BITSAT 2020 application form is given below:
Steps to fill BITSAT 2020 application form
- Visit the official website of BITS and register for BITSAT 2020 by entering basic personal, academic and contact details in the required boxes.
- After entering all the required details candidates will have to upload their scanned photo and signature in the prescribed format specified by the authorities.
- The last step of BITSAT 2020 application process is the payment of the application fee. The candidates can make the application fee payment either online through credit card/ debit card/ online banking or in offline mode.
- After completing all the above steps candidates should take a printout of the application confirmation page for use in future.
What's New in BITSAT 2020?
- BITS Pilani has increased the BITSAT 2020 application fee across all categories. Now male candidates have to pay Rs 3,300, female candidates Rs. 2,600 and students opting for Dubai centre have to pay US $90 (Rs. 6300).
- Number of exam centres have increased to 58 indicating an increase of 8 exam centres.
Courses Offered through BITSAT 2020
The candidates are offered admissions to the following courses through BITSAT 2020 are as follows:
Courses at BITS, Pilani –
(i) Pilani Campus
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
*M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and M.Sc.: General Studies.
(ii) K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
*M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
(iii) Hyderabad Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
*M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
*The candidates who joins in M.Sc. programme are eligible to apply for dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of one year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of first year.
(i) For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
(ii) For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program. II Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects. Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2020 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2020 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
who have passed 12th examination
in 2018 or earlier
are NOT eligible to appear in
Direct Admission to Board Toppers: In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2020 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
BITSAT-2020 Test Format:
BITSAT-2020 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts: Part I : Physics Part II : Chemistry Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates) All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
Subject No of questions
Part I Physics 40
Part II Chemistry 40
Part III (a) English Proficiency 15 (b) Logical Reasoning 10
Part IV Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) 45
Syllabus for BITSAT-2020
Part I: Physics
1. Units & Measurement 2. Kinematics
3. Newton’s Laws of Motion 4. Impulse and Momentum
5. Work and Energy 6. Rotational Motion
7. Gravitation 8. Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
9. Oscillations 10. Waves
11. Heat and Thermodynamics 12. Electrostatics
13. Current Electricity 14. Magnetic Effect of Current
15. Electromagnetic Induction 16. Optics
17. Modern Physics 18. Electronic Devices
Part II: Chemistry
1. States of Matter 2. Atomic Structure
3. Periodicity 4. Thermodynamics
5. Physical and Chemical Equilibria 6. Electrochemistry
7. Chemical Kinetics 8. Hydrogen and s-block elements
9. p- d- and f-block elements 10. Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
11. Stereochemistry 12. Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
13. Biological, Industrial and Environmental chemistry
14. Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
Part III: (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
(a) English Proficiency This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
1. Grammar 1.1 Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns 1.2 Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives 1.3 Voice, Transformation 1.4 Question tags, Phrasal verbs
2. Vocabulary 2.1 Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling 2.2 Contextual meaning. 2.3 Analogy
3. Reading Comprehension 3.1 Content/ideas 3.2 Vocabulary 3.3 Referents 3.4 Idioms/Phrases 3.5 Reconstruction (rewording) XVI
4. Composition 4.1 Rearrangement 4.2 Paragraph Unity 4.3 Linkers/Connectives
(b) Logical Reasoning
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
Part IV: Mathematics
1. Algebra 2. Trigonometry
3. Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry 4. Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry
5. Differential calculus 6. Integral calculus
7. Ordinary Differential Equations 8. Probability
9. Vectors 10. Statistics
11. Linear Programming 12. Mathematical modeling
Part IV: Biology
1: Diversity in Living World 2: Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
3: Genetics and Evolution 4: Structure and Function – Plants
5: Structure and Function – Animals 6: Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
7: Reproduction and Development in Humans 8: Ecology and Environment
9: Biology and Human Welfare 10: Biotechnology and its Applications
For more details Please post your query below in the comment section.